COVID-19: The Museum’s safety measures & advice for visitors
Since June 1, the Pola Museum of Art is open with measures in place to prevent the spread of new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in an effort to ensure the safety of all visitors and the museum staff.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Advice for visitors
To ensure a safer environment, we ask all visitors to follow the guidelines below.
- Check your health condition and monitor the body temperature before you visit.
- If you have any flu-like symptoms such as a fever or cough, postpone your visit until you have fully recovered.
- All visitors are required to wear masks.
- In the Museum, please wash your hands with soap or use the hand-sanitizers provided. Cough and sneeze into a tissue, or your elbow or inside your jacket .
- Social distancing rules and preventive measures must be respected when you are queuing or entering and leaving the Museum.
- Do not visit if you have returned from a country or area where COVID-19 keeps spreading in the last 14 days.
If you are feeling unwell during your visit, please inform the staff immediately.
The Pola Museum of Art is offering modified services in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
1) Capacity limitations
Admission may be restricted during busy periods.
Please call us at 0460-84-2111 to find out if there are any restrictions.
2) Parking lot limitations
We are limiting car parking spaces. Please check our Twitter account for the availability updates.
We post notices when the number of vehicles parked is less than 20, less than 10, and the parking lot is full or no longer full.
→Please note: The Museum’s official Twitter account (@polamuseumofart) is currently unavailable. Please call us at 0460-84-2111 for car park availability.
3) Health check on entry
We are checking the body temperature of all visitors with a thermal scanner at the entrance. Any visitors with a fever above 37.5 C or flu-like symptoms will not be permitted entry.
4) Ways to ensure social distancing
- We provide floor markings and signage to help visitors keep a safe distance of 1-2 meters apart.
- Visitors may be asked to queue before entering an exhibition room due to capacity limits .
- The capacity of the restaurant and cafe has been reduced by 30% to expand space between tables.
5) We have suspended Gallery Talks (guided tours) and large group events until further notice.
Infection prevention measures
The Pola Museum of Art conducts employee health screening, including body temperature checks on arrival to work, while enhancing cleaning and sanitation procedures.
- Masks are compulsory for all staff members.
- Some employees use rubber gloves.
- The museum staff has reinforced hand washing and hygiene procedures.
- We installed protective shields to reduce droplet infection.
- Hand sanitizers are available to visitors at the entrance, lobby and lounges .
- Disinfecting public areas twice a day, especially where visitors often touch such as lockers, handrails and doorknobs.
- We recommend quick cashless payment to reduce crowding.
- We use cash trays to give change instead of handing it.