COVID-19: The Museum’s safety measures & advice for visitors
1FLobby / Ticket window / Restaurant Array
B1FExhibition room 1 / Museum shop / Café Tune
B2FExhibition room 2~5
Free Wi-Fi is available on the first and the B1 floor of the Pola Museum of Art.
For persons with disabilities
A Totally Barrier-free Facility
- Visitors can enter the museum by means of a slope leading up from the parking area. As there is an elevator beyond the stairs that lead from the bus stop to the main entrance of the museum, we kindly ask that you make use of the special wheelchair and baby carriage entrance to the right of the main entrance.
Entrance for Visitors with Assistance Dogs
- Please use the slope that leads to the wheelchair and baby carriage entrance, and use the elevator to access the gallery floors inside the museum.
- Wheelchairs are available for loan. If would like to borrow a wheelchair, please inquire at the reception desk.
- The restrooms in the museum are equipped with multipurpose toilets. (We apologize for the inconvenience, but there are no ostomate facilities.)
To Visitors with Small Children
Entering the Museum with a Baby Carriage
- Please use the slope leading up from the parking area to enter the museum.
As there is an elevator beyond the stairs that lead from the bus stop to the main entrance of the museum, we kindly ask that you make use of the special wheelchair and baby carriage entrance to the right of the main entrance.
Baby Carriage Loans
- Baby carriages are available for loan. If you would like to borrow a baby carriage, please inquire at the reception desk.
In order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, baby carriages are not available at this time.
- Diaper-changing sheets are available in the restrooms, nursing room, and lounge area.
High Chairs for Restaurant Use
- Wooden high chairs for children are available in the restaurant.
- Worksheets for children with introductions to the works in the museum are available.
In order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, worksheets are not being distributed at this time.
Childrens’ Little Picture Book Museum
In the B2 lobby, there is a special area set aside for children’s picture books. All of the books are high-quality publications based on art-related themes. This is the perfect place to help bored children feel refreshed.
In order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, the picture-book area is not open at this time.
Requests for viewing
- In order to prevent accidents such as falling down or running into displays, we ask that visitors with small children take special care to ensure that they do not run or engage in other potentially dangerous activities. Please hold your child’s hand as you make your way around the museum.